We are currently accepting resumes for the following positions. Send to email@example.com
Lead Solar Design Engineer
REP Energy seeks PV solar designer/engineer for large scale and commercial solar electric systems. Our candidate will be responsible for all phases of the design process from the initial site evaluation through utility interconnection.
Our ideal applicant can create his/her own project designs and oversee the work of other designers. Knowledge of the building industry and codes as well as electrical engineering and DC and AC distribution required. Creative problem solving is a must.
Project sizes typically vary from 100kW to 20MW.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Perform solar engineering designs with solar design software including AutoCAD, SketchUp, SAM, PVSyst, PVWatts 2 and Solar Prospector
- Prepare and oversee project design drawings including single line drawings, DC and AC wiring diagrams, electrical site plans and equipment layouts – including providing all supporting calculations.
- Create construction plan sets with material schedules.
- Assure that designs are Code-compliant.
- Participate in site audits as needed.
- Meet with customers and provide design support.
- Prepare proposal and specification documents.
- Participate on-site in answering engineering questions during construction.
- Keep abreast of new products (modules, inverters, racking) .
Knowledge, Education and Experience Requirements:
- Two years commercial/industrial solar electrical systems background minimum.
- Electrical engineering degree desirable.
- Excellent grasp of structural components.
- Knowledge of electrical design, materials and methods of construction in power systems.
- Knowledge of distribution and/or transmission design.
- Thorough knowledge of the National Electrical Code as it relates to commercial and utility scale power plants – preference given to knowledge of NEC Article 690.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and the ability to generate construction level drawings.
- Google SketchUp a plus.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task several projects at once.
- Ability to interact with junior designers and to act as a mentor and trainer.
- Proficient with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong problem solving skills.
In addition to offering a competitive compensation package, REP Energy also offers a benefits package.
If you are interested in joining one of the premier companies leading the solar revolution, REP Energy is a fun and challenging work environment. Please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org